Located in the picturesque Jerusalem Hills, Omri’s Ranch offers horse riding, therapeutic riding activities, riding excursions and a variety of other activities for children, families and couples. All of the ranch’s instructors are trained, qualified professionals dedicated to ensuring that riders and activity participants have an enjoyable and safe experience.
The ranch offers riding lessons on a daily basis throughout the year, except for holidays (including intermediate days of Passover and Sukkot) and Saturdays.
Horseback Tours for Couples in the Jerusalem Hills
An experienced guide will take you and your partner on a magical trip on horseback to the Ein Lavan spring in the Jerusalem Hills. Along the way, you’ll take in the beautiful natural backdrop of the hills, spectacular views and a romantic atmosphere.
The ranch offers 4 tracks, and you can add extras such as a cheese platter, dairy meal, entertainment kit, GoPro camera rental, balloons, flowers and more. Tours are restricted to ages 13 and up.
- Basic: A 1-hour trip on horseback with no additional riders
- Extreme: A 90-minute roundtrip tour with a stop at the Ein-Laban spring for a quick dip (riders share one horse)
- Romantic: A 2-hour horseback riding trip to a magical location for a romantic snack of delectable fresh fruit and wine
- Group: A 1-hour riding tour for up to 4 people
Combined Ticket (Ages 1 and Up)
The combined ticket allows visitors to enjoy two activities, 33 horseback rides in the farm, and unlimited entrance to the petting zoo. It’s perfect for families with children.
You can purchase a combined ticket on arrival during normal business hours. Parents can buy the combined ticket for their child(ren) and accompany them on activities for free.
The petting zoo area of the ranch is home to a variety of small animals that can be petted and fed, including rabbits, guinea pigs, chickens, lamb and parrots. Omri’s Ranch practices strict humane treatment standards for all of its animals, all of which are under expert veterinary supervision.
Therapeutic Riding (Ages 4 and Up)
Therapeutic riding is a widely recognized form of therapy for people with physical and mental disabilities as well as emotional trauma.
The activity focuses on 2 primary areas of horseback riding:
- Establishing and developing the connection between the rider and horse has many cognitive and emotional benefits for the rider.
- Learning proper riding technique has many inherent physical benefits for people with physical disabilities, including improved balance, flexibility and muscle strength. The motion and rhythm of riding a horse properly is also emotionally soothing.
Therapeutic riding is conducted within a specific, organized framework in weekly sessions of 30 minutes and it is administered and overseen by a qualified therapist who connects with the patient and helps him/her make the most of the ride. Therapeutic riding is suitable for adults and children aged 4 years or older.
Western Riding Lessons (Ages 13 and Up)
The ranch’s Western riding lessons teach participants not only how to ride horses, but the secrets of caring for them, including combing their manes, going for walks in the field, training and much more.
Passover at Omri’s Ranch
April 2-7, 2017, Omri’s Ranch invites families with children for pre-Passover fun at the ranch. But a combined ticket for children ages 1 and up that includes 3 rounds of horseback riding and entrance to the petting zoo, and the parents can join for free. You can purchase the ticket upon arrival — no advanced purchase necessary!