With this tour, you will learn about the Orthodox way of life, the culture, and the core values and beliefs of this unique community - all at first hand!
“Outside the Box Encounters” Tours are a part of a unique social venture that facilitates encounters between the secular and the Orthodox societies in Israel and allows access to a close yet distant world.
- Start your journey at Davidka Square with a short talk about the Jewish Orthodox world.
- Continue to Zichron Moshe neighborhood with its beautiful alleyways and learn about the synagogues, the houses, the spirit of the place, and its everyday life.
- Follow the pashkevils - the famous street posters. Learn about how media and communication work in this community.
- Get to Malchei Israel Street - the center of commerce and entertainment of the Orthodox community in Jerusalem.
- Walk down the main street and stop by fashion shops, music stores, bookstores, Jewish food joints, and Judaica stores.
- Meet the residents and learn about their unique world.
- Visit Kikar HaShabbat (Sabbath Square) - the heart of the neighborhood. This place used to be a center of protests and political activity.
- Mea Shearim Tour: See the entrance gate to the famous Mea Shearim neighborhood.
- End your tour at Strauss Street near the City Center and Jaffa Street
- Taste some delicious traditional Jewish food!
- Buy authentic judaica items in unique stores!