Outdoor and nature activities
Feeding the animals and other activities at the Biblical Zoo on PassoverPhoto: Natalie Deoud
The Biblical Zoo invites the whole family to guided feedings of the animals that will take place throughout the whole holiday week, in a spectacular spring atmosphere.
Additionally, from April 10-22, the zoo will be equipped with information stands in the zoo to educate the public regarding herbivores and winged animals. So what kind of animals will you be able to meet and when?
- 10 AM – Small animals 10:45 AM – Mandrills 11:15 AM 11:15 - Chimpanzees
- Noon - Penguins
- 12:45 PM - Elephants
- 1:15 PM - Giraffes
- 2 PM - Meerkats
- 2:30 PM - Orangutans
- 3 PM Cheetahs – On Saturdays only
- 3:30 PM Pecari
- 4 PM Kangaroo
- 4:15 PM Red Panda – On Sundays-Thursdays only
When? Throughout the holidays Where? 1 Aharon Shulov Road, Jerusalem
Israel AquariumVisiting the Israel Aquarium – the most advanced and impressive aquarium in Israel (Photo by: Daniel Aloni)
Are you coming to visit the Israel Aquarium during Passover?
You’ll enjoy a tour of the aquarium, creative activities for the children, and a visit to the “Art Poetica” exhibition of the local artist Beverly Bareket, the Biodiversity exhibition, and the Butterflies House.
When? During the holidays Where? Aharon Shulov Road, Jerusalem
A variety of experiences for the whole family at the City of David sitesPhoto: Ilahu Yanai
Like every year on Passover, the City of David will be one of the leading complexes for fun family quality time. Here is a list of all the activities that are planned for this year’s Passover:
- A celebration of Jerusalem agriculture – a festive event of the spring! We’ll celebrate the most joyful season of the year at the “farm at the valley”, by connecting to nature in the most authentic way. At the “Farm at the Valley” at the national garden surrounding the walls of Jerusalem, you’ll enjoy during Passover a special agricultural experience, experience the ancient agricultural crafts and enjoy tours and cultural performances in the spirit of the season. Details and registration >>
- A tour of the biblical city of David – Come see the place where Jerusalem was established.
- A tour of the City of David – the corner of the Western Wall – Time travel.
- Hallelujah Night Show
- Entrance to the City of David National Park
- Urban camping at the Peace Forest
- An archaeological experience at Emek Tzurim
- An entrance to the archaeological garden – Davidson Center
- And much more!
Passover celebrations for children and parents at the First Station ComplexFirst Station Complex PR
This Passover, the entire family arrives at the Jerusalem First Station complex to celebrate with festivals, shows, fairs, and more! The events include crafts and are workshops, handicraft fairs, basket workshops, street performances, guided tours, digital tours, and many other activities for the whole family.
The schedule for the days of the holidays
- April 17-18 | 6:30 PM | The Wine Festival
- April 17 | 6-7 PM | Nathan Robb Live Show
- April 17 | 8-9:30 PM | Jazz performance
- April 18 | 6:30 PM | The Wine Festival
- April 18 | 8 PM | Yael will light it up with a party
- April 19 | 8 PM | Nostalgia band of Jerusalem will perform live
- April 19-20 | 10 AM to 10 PM | Arts and Crafts Fair – local handicrafts (jewelry, fabrics, soaps, candles, and more)
When? Throughout the holidays Where? David Remez 4, Jerusalem.
The Walls Promenade – a fascinating experience for the whole family with a spectacular viewThe historic trek of Jerusalem: New tour on the Walls Promenade.(PR Pami)
This Passover, we all go up the Walls of Jerusalem to admire the breathtaking views of the Old City and the New City. This is the perfect tour to observe all of Jerusalem.
Prices and operating hours were updated:
The Northern Promenade is open daily, except Fridays, from 9 AM to 5 PM. The Southern Promenade is open from Sunday-Thursday and Saturday – from 9 AM to 5 PM and on holiday eves until 2 PM. Price for an adult: 25 NIS, for child / student / retiree: 12 NIS You may purchase tickets for 2 days for both promenades and all around the walls.
Additionally, the Southern Walls Promenade will be open during Passover, April 17-21 – free of charge. Sponsored by Bank Hapoalim. 9 AM – 5 PM
Where? Jaffa Gate.
Celebrating the spring at the Montefiore Windmill complexEscape park: A fun activity at the Windmill complex (Photo Courtesy of ZUZU Tourism)
ZUZU Tourism opens up the Montefiore Windmill at Mishkenot Sha’ananim for you. You're welcome to spend a lovely time with family in front of the breathtaking views of the Old City Walls and one of the most picturesque and beautiful neighborhoods that Jerusalem has to offer.
During the holiday week (April 15-23) you’ll be able to join an activity at the escape park. Every hour from 10 AM to 4 PM.
Additionally, you may join numerous Segway tours (16+) at Mishkenot Sha’ananim. Tours will be available for the public at the complex. More details can be found on the Windmill’s website. When? Throughout the holidays Where? The Windmill complex, Mishkenot Sha’ananim, Jerusalem.
Humorous art and surprising history of Jerusalem with the Jerusalem House of QualityPhoto: the Jerusalem House of Quality
The Jerusalem House of Quality invites you to enjoy a fascinating tour full of Jerusalem history and a visit to an experiential art complex, offering you to watch the artists' work. What to expect?
- Surprising humorous works are being made in the on-site workshops.
- A beautiful courtyard in the Arab Han style with symbols of mysterious English nobility
- Original 90-year-old Armenian ceramic room
- The jewelry manufacturing process as it was 2,000 years ago vs. now
- Observation from the rooftop offers a new and intriguing view of the City Walls and the old Yemin Moshe neighborhood, combined with history and previously unheard legends.
When? Throughout the holidays, by prior arrangement Where? Hebron Road 12, Jerusalem.
A calming break on the way to Jerusalem
Go for a ride with Lake ATVAn adventurous tour with Lake ATV (Photo courtesy of Lake ATV)
If you’re looking for a slightly different experience in nature, we urge you to call Lake ATV and arrange an extreme ride at the mountains of Jerusalem and Judea, on a mountain trail with intoxicating views. The tour includes the use of new and safe ATV’s, experienced guides, and carefully picked rest stop points for taking amazing landscape photos.
The tour begins at the green Ramot forest and takes you towards Beit Zayit Lake – this includes a source of water that allows driving right inside it (depending on the weather and terrain conditions).
Where? Derech HaHoresh 100, Jerusalem When? Throughout the week of Passover.
Aminadav Forest – enjoy a picnic and a refreshment in natureAre you on vacation? Then there’s nowhere to hurry! On the way to Jerusalem, on the outskirts of the city, you can take a rest stop and gather some strength before you dive into the big city and its endless opportunities. The Aminadav forest, also known as “The Peace Forest” is a special, mysterious place in Jerusalem. It has flowing springs, agricultural terraces, the remains of orchards, wine-pressers, cloth-making houses, lime kilns, and a breathtaking view. And if you’re there already, enjoy the Sataf lake, where you can freshen up in the pool of water along with the kids.
Directions: From Jerusalem: pass Mount Herzl and the access road to Ein Kerem, next turn west towards the Ora and Aminadav. From Tel Aviv: Turn west at Harel Interchange from Tel Aviv Jerusalem road (Road 11), continue to Sataf Square, until Hadassah Ein Kerem Hospital, and from there to the entrance to Ora.