Hanukkah's activities for children and parents
Hanukkah Activities for families at Ein Yael
[caption id="attachment_278433" align="alignnone" width="450"] Photo Courtesy of Ein Yael PR[/caption]
You’re welcome to participate in experiential Hanukkah tours at the Ein Yael Oudoor Museum. Enjoy a tour of the ancient village and the Spring, in which we will harvest the olive trees and produce oil in the ancient cloth house.
Finally, we'll make candles out of natural clay and shoot a traditional bow and arrow, while completing the day with tea and pita on a bonfire.
Where? Ein Yael, Jerusalem
When? 20-22.12 days Tuesday-Thursday.
Cost? 35 NIS
[phone id="72478" title="Call Ein Yael"]
[directions id="72478" title="Navigate to Ein Yael"]
[button title="Details and registration" url="https://einyael.co.il/%d7%90%d7%9c%d7%9e%d7%a0%d7%98%d7%95%d7%a8-%d7%a2%d7%9e%d7%95%d7%93-%d7%a0%d7%97%d7%99%d7%aa%d7%94-13249/" target="_blank"]
Celebration of Light in the Biblical Zoo!
[caption id="attachment_279957" align="alignnone" width="450"]
The Biblical Zoo. Photo: Ahuva Pash[/caption]
Join a fascinating journey among the Biblical Zoo displays through a mobile navigation game. Observe guided feedings and get to know animals up close in "Beit Hai" activities.
- The navigation game starts at the entrance to the zoo, is free of charge, and is suitable for the whole family.
- During the game, you will receive various cues via WhatsApp, which will lead you among various exhibits, all the way to the finish line where a lovely surprise which will await you.
- Additionally, there will be guided feedings at the various exhibits of the zoo.
- On all days of the Hanukkah holiday, the"Beit Hai" will operate regularly. You’re welcome to arrive from 11:00-16:00 and on Friday until 15:00. Enjoy close encounters with fascinating animals every hour - rabbits, lizards, skinks, snakes, and more.
1 Aron Shulov Road, Jerusalem
When? The zoo is open Sunday-Thursday from 17:00-09:00, Friday from 16:00-09:00, and Saturday from 17:00-09:00.
The public may enter the zoo no later than two hours before closing time.
Cost? Adult - 63 NIS | Child (3-18) / Policeman / Student / Soldier / Senior Citizen - 49 NIS | People with disabilities - 35 NIS
[directions id="1982" title="Navigate to the Biblical Zoo"]
[button title="Buy Tickets" url="https://jerusalemzoo.smarticket.co.il//?culture=he-IL" target="_blank"]
[directions id= "1982" title= "Navigate to the Biblical Zoo"]
Underwater Experience for Hanukkah at Israel Aquarium
[caption id="attachment_279963" align="alignnone" width="450"]
Israel Aquarium. Photo: Yair Ben-Artzi[/caption]
Visit Israel Aquarium - the most impressive and innovative aquarium in the country.
Spend Hanukkah with fascinating tours of the underwater world at the Israel Aquarium.
- During Hanukkah, the teaching class will operate in an aquarium where you can watch the hatching of Brine shrimp and guess the animals that are hiding in tactile boxes. There will also be a creative activity for visitors.
- Last chance to visit the "Earth Poetica" exhibition by the Jerusalem artist Beverly Barkat, before it moves by the end of the month to its new permanent location in the United States. The exhibition features a sphere, 13 feet in diameter made entirely of plastic waste that the Jerusalem artist has collected for over 3 years. The installation shows the immense damage caused by the increasing use of plastic and our ability to inspire change regarding this pressing issue.
1 Aron Shulov Road, Jerusalem
When? Sunday-Wednesday 17:00-09:00 | Thursday 18:00-09:00 | Friday 16:00-09:00 | Saturday 17:00-09:00.
The public may enter the zoo no later than two hours before the aquarium closes. The visit to the aquarium also includes the biodiversity display and the butterfly house.
Cost? Adult - 50 NIS, Child / Senior Citizen / Disabled / student - 40 NIS
[directions id="89952" title="Navigate to Israel Aquarium"]
[button title="Buy Tickets" url="https://jerusalemzoo.smarticket.co.il//?culture=he-IL" target="_blank"]
Go on a journey in the human body in the Time elevator in Jerusalem
[caption id="attachment_278447" align="alignnone" width="450"]
Photo: Time Elevator, Jerusalem.[/caption]
On this Hanukkah holiday, you may go on a journey in the Time Elevator to reveal the secrets of Jerusalem on Mamilla Boulevard (the indoor mall). Discover the wonders of underground Jerusalem, at altitude and even in the human body.
- A two-dimensional experiential installation that takes visitors on a fascinating journey through time into the depths of the city of Jerusalem, from the days of the First Temple through the Second Temple, the conquerors of the city, the liberation of the Wall in the Six-Day War to the present day. About 30 minutes. Screened in 8 languages.
- A journey in a tiny capsule into the human body in 3d that reveals the secrets of the most elaborate machine in the universe, the human body. How do we breathe? How do we digest? What do we look like from the inside? The answers can be found in spectacular and accurate 3d simulations with the help of “Info” - the futuristic robotic capsule, which guides the journey and provides its own unique perspective on what’s going on in our bodies. About 25 minutes. (no option for stationary seats)
- In addition to experiencing the time elevator, visitors will be able to combine a 360 – degree view from the Phasael Tower at the Tower of David and a self-guided tour with the pop guide app. Rise to the top of the 777-meters above sea-level level - from which you can enjoy the most beautiful 360°view in Jerusalem - East and West, the Old City and the New City, past and future. From the observation deck built by King Herod 2,000 years ago you can enjoy the view of sacred sites, neighborhoods, and key buildings in Jerusalem; the Temple Mount and above it the Mount of Olives and Mount Scopus, the Old City squares, and more. (Note: disabled/wheelchair inaccessible)
Admission from age 5 / Please schedule beforehand the date and the type of activity.
Mamilla Yitzhak Kariv 6, Jerusalem
When? Tower of David observation: Sunday-Thursday 09:00-16:00 Friday 09:00-14:00 (No need to coordinate)
Time Elevator in Hanukkah, December 20-26. Sunday-Thursday 10:00-19:20 Fri 10:00-13:20 Sat Closed.
The sightseeing tour is available on the Time Elevator app, a mobile device and headphones are required.
Cost? The Time Elevator price: 54 NIS when purchasing a ticket at the box office. 46 NIS - online. Discounts for Yerushalmi cardholders and more | Cost of a combined ticket including observation from the Phasael Tower – 64 NIS
[phone id="1434" title="Call the Time Elevator"]
[directions id="1434" title="Navigate to the Time Elevator"]
[button title="Purchase Tickets" url="https://www.time-elevator.co.il/?utm_source=itraveljerusalem.com&utm_medium=paid&utm_campaign=itraveljerusalem" target="_blank"]
Celebrating Hanukkah at the Old Yishuv Court Museum
[caption id="attachment_278477" align="alignnone" width="450"]
Old Yishuv Court Museum[/caption]
Visit the Old Yishuv Court Museum and enjoy various activities in the holiday spirit
- Special holiday-themed display "Between Holy and Light" - come see an amazing collection of rare Hanukkah lamps from the museum's collection.
- The Mirande de Hanukkah " - A tour of the Jewish Quarter following the Ladino-speaking communities. How did they celebrate Hanukkah in Jerusalem inside the walls and what is"Mirande de Hanukkah"? About the parade, the food, the songs, and more. The tour includes tastings of traditional Hanukkah dishes.
Guide: Edna Assis
- Following Montefiore - an augmented reality game for the whole family (by pre-order only). Tuesday-Thursday December 20-22, Sunday-Monday, December 25-26 10:00
- Guided tours of the Museum – Tuesday-Thursday, December 20-22, Sunday-Monday, December 25, 11:00, 14:00
- Mystery at the museum with actor Habib Mizrahi - the museum is raging! One of the most important items in the collection disappeared. The local Sherlock Holmes tries to solve the mystery and calm the spirits. Tuesday-Thursday, December 20-22, Sunday-Monday, December 25-26, 12:00.
- A theatrical–musical performance, part of Heritage Week events – December 20-22 and 25 only, 13:00.
Or Haim 6, Jerusalem
When? "Mirande de Hanukkah" Monday 19.12, 18:00-20:30 | Hanukkah Activities: Tuesday-Thursday 20-22.12, Sunday-Monday 25-26.12
Cost?: 75 NIS
[phone id="1657" title="Call the Old Yishuv Court Museum "]
[directions id="1657" title="Navigate to the the Old Yishuv Court Museum "]
[button title="Buy Tickets" url="https://www.oyc.co.il/%d7%94%d7%97%d7%95%d7%93%d7%a9-%d7%91%d7%9e%d7%95%d7%96%d7%99%d7%90%d7%95%d7%9f/" target="_blank"]
Hanukkah at the U. Nahon Museum of Italian Jewish Art!
The U. Nahon Museum of Italian Jewish Art invites you to enjoy the light with us and celebrate Hanukkah together!
- A special display of various special items from the museum's collection related to Hanukkah.
Follow the lights and find the items presented on display specifically for the holiday.
- For children and families - Special game: "In the Wake of the Lost Menorah of the U. Nahon Museum of Italian Jewish Art". Search for the special items, answer questions, and win prizes! Suitable for ages 6-10.
- Workshop - "Magic Menorah" - Creating menorahs that burn without fire! Suited for ages 5-10.
- Free tours for the public: All holiday days at 12:00 p.m.
Hillel 25, Jerusalem
When? December 15-25
Cost? Adult - 25 NIS | Senior citizen: 12 NIS |child: 15 NIS, | child under 5 - free| During the holiday tours are free
Lost Menorah: 10 NIS (family ticket included) | Workshop: 10 NIS for a creation kit | Family ticket (up to two adults and three children) - NIS 95 (includes: entrance, game, and workshop participation)
- When buying an entrance ticket to the museum.
[phone id="2034" title="Call the U. Nahon Museum of Italian Jewish Art"]
[directions id="2034" title="Navigate to the U. Nahon Museum of Italian Jewish Art"]
[button title="Buy Tickets" url="https://www.moija.org/tickets" target="_blank"]
Hanukkah at the Hebrew Music Museum Jerusalem
[caption id="attachment_278569" align="alignnone" width="450"]
Photo: The Hebrew Music Museum[/caption]
The Hebrew Music Museum invites you to celebrate the Feast of Lights by playing and singing: During Hanukkah, the Museum will conduct musical tours tailored to children and their parents in the museum's seven spaces, during which we will familiarize ourselves with unique instruments and experience playing, with an emphasis on the instruments that are the foundation of the fire.
Throughout the tour, we will be familiar with instruments from all the diaspora - the Ethiopian masinko, the Balkan Gusla, the Persian Kamancha, and more. In each diaspora, we will play together a song or poetry in the spirit of Hanukkah.
After the final tour of the museum, there will be a solemn candlelight vigil in Music Square
and doughnuts will be handed out. Suitable for ages 4-12 and the whole family.
Where? Yoel Moshe Salomon 12, Jerusalem
When? December 18-26
Cost? 30-50 NIS
[phone id="37898" title="Call the Hebrew Music Museum"]
[directions id="37898" title="Navigate to the Hebrew Music Museum"]
[button title="Buy Tickets" url="https://hebrewmusicmuseum.com/buy-tickets/?lang=he" target="_blank"]
Hanukkah Activity at the Biblical Lands Museum
[caption id="attachment_279324" align="alignnone" width="450"]
Spotlight on the dark - a tour and activity complex for the whole family. Photo: Biblical Lands Museum website.[/caption]
The Bible Lands Museum invites the whole family on a special light and dark tour in honor of Hanukkah.
The shades of black in the ancient world were created in many ways and used for a variety of purposes. In a new activity for the whole family, we invite you to tour the museum galleries following ancient black objects in an integrated tour of puzzles and activities, and experience black-colored creation.
- On our tour, we will meet a black cat from ancient Egypt, explore an ancient technique for decorating urns with fire from Greece, and the art of stonework on black basalt stones from the Land of Israel.
- In the activity gallery we will create different types of black: write in black ink, paint in charcoal, touch various textures of black color and reveal the role of fire in the creation of black.
- Using various costumes and accessories, we will experiment with silhouette games and recreate scenes from ancient tool decorations, creating a personal piece inspired by ancient black.
- The film “Secrets of Fire” will be screened throughout the day (about half an hour)
- Suitable for ages 5-10
- It is recommended to wear clothes that you’re willing to get dirty.
Shmuel Stephan Wise 21, Jerusalem
When? December 22-25, 11:00 a.m | The duration of the activity is approximately two and a half hours
Cost? 30 NIS per participant | 20 NIS per subscriber | 25 NIS for Yerushalmi cardholders.
[phone id="1020" title="Call the Bible Lands Museum"]
[directions id="1020" title="Navigate to the Bible Lands Museum"]
[button title="Buy Tickets" url="https://www.blmj.org/events/spotlight/" target="_blank"]
Guided Tours Festival at The Beit Levi Eshkol Visitor Center
[caption id="attachment_279291" align="alignnone" width="450"]
Levi Eshkol Yard. Photo: Photo: Tal Pesess.[/caption]
.On this Hanukkah holiday, you are invited to an experiential and teaching tour for the whole family at The Beit Levi Eshkol Visitor Center, the home of the first Prime Ministers of the State of Israel located in the heart of the Rehavia neighborhood of Jerusalem.
The tour reveals the life story of Prime Minister Levi Eshkol through the corners of the house that show different parts of Levi Eshkol's life and work:
- We shall Visit the living room of the house, where leaders and heads of states have been hosted
- We will watch a short film created specially for visitors, and at the end we will tour the kitchen (known as the Prime Minister's state”kitchenette”)
- We'll peek into the dining room and see the Prime Minister's work corner.
The experiential tour is delivered in two ways:
- A guided tour - accompanied by the house's staff, who share private photos of Eshkol's life and the stories behind his decisions as Prime Minister - is suitable for adults.
- Interactive tour with tablets - suitable for families with children.
Sderot Ben Maimon 46, Jerusalem
When? Tours will take place on dates: 20-22.12 and 25-26.12 | Three rounds every day: 10:00 (guided), 12:00 (interactive), and 14:00 (guided) | Tour length: approximately 75 minutes | Designed for families (children age 7 and above) and adults.
[button title="Buy Tickets" url="https://eventbuzz.co.il/lp/event/63830a05a46da12b748b45b0" target="_blank"]
[phone id="266313" title="Call Beit Levi Eshkol Visitor Center"]
[directions id="266313" title="Beit Levi Eshkol Visitor Center"]
A One-time Hanukkah Evening at the Israel Museum – A Museum in a Different Light
[caption id="attachment_279372" align="alignnone" width="450"]
Photograph: Israel Museum PR[/caption]
The Israel Museum and the Jerusalem Municipality celebrate Hanukkah on a one-time eventful night full of light!
Come see the museum in a new and intriguing light and celebrate Hanukkah in a Jerusalem atmosphere with:
- Central Candlelight attended by Jerusalem Mayor Moshe Leon
- Light shows throughout the Museum
- A variety of holiday activities for the whole family
- Food and music during the evening
- Special offers for Yerushalmi card holders | Free admission for children!
11 Ruppin Road, Jerusalem
When? December 20| 16:00 and 21:00
Cost? Adult-54 NIS | Student-39 NIS | Senior Citizen / Disabled - 27 NIS | Jerusalem cardholders - 30 NIS
[phone id="1883" title="Call Israel Museum"]
[directions id="1883" title="Navigate to Israel Museum"]
[button title="Buy Tickets" url="https://imj.smarticket.co.il/%D7%9E%D7%95%D7%96%D7%99%D7%90%D7%95%D7%9F_%D7%91%D7%90%D7%95%D7%A8_%D7%90%D7%97%D7%A8?id=20953" target="_blank"]
Celebrating Hanukkah at the Cocoa Forest
The Jerusalem Chocolate Boutique the Cocoa Forest is the perfect solution to make this Hanukkah sweeter than ever!
Every day there will be praline workshops for the whole family. Get to know the world of chocolate, tour the factory, and of course, create delicious and beautiful pralines with your favorite fillings.
The workshops take about an hour and a half long, suitable for the age of 5.
And the products you’ll craft are amazing are worth much more than the price of the workshop.
In addition, at the 18:00 workshop, there will be a candle-lighting ceremony that also includes hot chocolate treats. Worth coming.
And you can always enjoy this divinity from a distance too: the kosher Mehadrin chocolate packs come in quick delivery all over the country, and the holiday packages contain chocolate dreidels and even a kit for making chocolate coins with a personal design, bringing you the magic of the chocolate workshops.
When? Throughout the holidays
Where? Poalei Tzedek 2, Jerusalem
[phone id="205930" title="Call Cocoa Forest"]
[directions id="205930" title="Navigate to Cocoa Forest"]
[button title="Purchase on Website" url="https://yaaracacao.co.il/he/?utm_source=tra_jrl&utm_medium=link&utm_campaign=2021&utm_id=2021" target="_blank"]